9.01.2011

Balboa Island hearts America


I took last Friday off for a quick trip to SoCal to visit friends and get out of foggy SF 'summer' weather. On Saturday Ashley and I drove down to Balboa Island and got to see some super sized American pride...clocks, signs, flags, birdhouses, stickers...they managed to get a flag on almost everything! I can only imagine what the fourth of July is like down there:
My fav American decor

Pretty traditional in terms of layout and materials but bonus points for quantity...plus the house is blue, the trim is white and the doors are red- they were committed. 
Even their birds are patriotic!

Had to dress up a plain white mailbox somehow ...why not sticker it up with some pride?! Prob solved!

After all that American pride photo taking we were pretty hungry and took the ferry to go grab some lunch. Delish fish tacos and wine while looking out over the water...yup I love vacations :-) On the way back we walked along the small boardwalk (super American) and checked out some of my old favorite rides. 


It was a great trip and was made even better when I saw this guy right as we were about to leave...double American!


No comments:

Post a Comment