Rebecca) then I re-organized my closet. While that might sound awful to a lot of people, organizing is one of my most favorite things- seriously, its bad...totally relaxes me and puts me in a good mood. I used to go over to my friends houses in middle and high school and beg them to let me organize their closets (and then judge them when they couldn't keep them clean). And don't even get me started on my love of the Container store (so. many. options!!!).
But all relaxing weekends have to end- at least this Monday morning started off right with some seriously awesome music popping up on my ipod (I forget how many songs I have unless I put it on shuffle- yay for The Movielife) and no overly obnoxious fellow bus riders. What else makes for a good Monday? Links that I love...here ya go:
Wow Buzzfeed's 25 Reasons America Kicks Ass is awesome...number 10 is scarily true. Gotta love a good deep-fried <fill in the blank>...not sure if its more or less appetizing than a Swedish sandwich cake.
Now it turns out that we don't get NBC on our antenna (yup antenna- we're fancy like that), so we can't watch the Olympics which means we are missing out on things like this...amaze-balls.
Feeling like adding a little 'Murica to your living room? There are these state tables- super cute. And this license plate piece is fantastic.
This isn't American related in the slightest but if you feel the need for a new dance move and happen to like horses (Lindsey I expect you to share this at the barn) then this Korean music video is for you- I present Gangnam Style.
Need a quick work break? Check out the ever popular Whilst in SF and my new favorite Suri's Burn Book.
And now back to my latest guilty pleasure- Vampire diaries. I cant. get. enough. Seriously, I'm powering through the episodes on Netflix.
...eh not so much. I ended up being sick and therefore a miserable disaster all day on the 4th so I definitely need a re-do next year. Still I headed out to the beach to celebrate with the fam for a bit. I felt better after eating three cupcakes...three delicious cupcakes baked by my awesome not-so-little-anymore cousin...I swear she'll be taller than me soon!
Btw- I came across this 'Murican burger on a food blog: ground bacon, thick cut bacon, egg, bacon island dressing and bacon cheddar cheese. Hmm looks like they forgot to add bacon to the bun.
I don't know if you could call this video more American than NASCAR but it is incredible:
Love that it was in SF - but can't believe that they were able to shut down so many roads and not cause any problems (CBS San Francisco has info about the shoot here).
|'Murican beer pride photo thanks to Rebekah|
1. Tracey from Shutterbean but together an awesome post about 4th of July foods. If you're trying to figure out what to serve or what to bring to a party she's got answers. I want her strawberry goat cheese bruschetta real bad.
2. Chiara from Oh Happy Day has a cute DIY red white and blue garland idea. Not sold on that one? She also has a giant garland DIY too.
3. Making It Lovely has cute table decorating ideas.
4. Planning a BBQ? Serious Eats has a 12 different homemade BBQ sauce recipes for you to try out.
5. AMERICAN FLAG CAKE!!! Obviously this is my favorite thing ever and someone *ahem Rebecca ahem* needs to make this.
6. If you aren't sold on the cake I don't know what's wrong with you...I kid I kid that cake looks like a lot of work. Serious Eats pulled together a list of 15 desserts to make...these all look pretty damn good too.
And what will my plans be? Heading to the beach with the family (including my awesome cousins from Vancouver) to play in the sand and eat way too much food...can't wait!