7.30.2012

Weekend Recap

Another weekend over...sigh...at least it was a great one. Just a lot of relaxing after a rough work week. Its crazy how I know when things will get bad (we had a project deadline for Friday thats been set for weeks) so I try to prep myself for stress/100000 emails/late nights/etc but it always overwhelms me anyways. Thats when I follow my 4 year-old cousins advice and 'take breaths' <-- he learned yoga in daycare...how cute is that?!? Anyways back to the weekend, spent the day with my Dad on Saturday and laying out by the pool. Sunday was brunch at Baker and Banker (post-half marathon for Rebecca) then I re-organized my closet. While that might sound awful to a lot of people, organizing is one of my most favorite things- seriously, its bad...totally relaxes me and puts me in a good mood. I used to go over to my friends houses in middle and high school and beg them to let me organize their closets (and then judge them when they couldn't keep them clean). And don't even get me started on my love of the Container store (so. many. options!!!).

But all relaxing weekends have to end- at least this Monday morning started off right with some seriously awesome music popping up on my ipod (I forget how many songs I have unless I put it on shuffle- yay for The Movielife) and no overly obnoxious fellow bus riders. What else makes for a good Monday? Links that I love...here ya go:

Wow Buzzfeed's 25 Reasons America Kicks Ass is awesome...number 10 is scarily true. Gotta love a good deep-fried <fill in the blank>...not sure if its more or less appetizing than a Swedish sandwich cake.

Now it turns out that we don't get NBC on our antenna (yup antenna- we're fancy like that), so we can't watch the Olympics which means we are missing out on things like this...amaze-balls.

Feeling like adding a little 'Murica to your living room? There are these state tables- super cute. And this license plate piece is fantastic.

This isn't American related in the slightest but if you feel the need for a new dance move and happen to like horses (Lindsey I expect you to share this at the barn) then this Korean music video is for you- I present Gangnam Style.

Need a quick work break? Check out the ever popular Whilst in SF and my new favorite Suri's Burn Book.

And now back to my latest guilty pleasure- Vampire diaries. I cant. get. enough. Seriously, I'm powering through the episodes on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment