9.29.2011

American advice needed...

Confession time...I haven't been very American lately. Instead, I've been keeping really busy at work (and gearing up for what is sure to be an awesome trip to Austin) so I thought I would get some help on #15 from my list 'Make an apple pie'...any tips? awesome recipe? apple suggestions? let me have 'em...if I'm going to go to the trouble of making a pie it better be the best pie ever. On a related note, apparently there is such a thing as Apple Pie gum!! Who knew?!? A friend left it in my purse by accident and I can't bring myself to try a piece but hey, if the real pie doesn't work out I can always use this as a back up.

Ps. I got my first piece of voting related mail today-woo hoo!! Super American :-)

1 comment:

  1. Use a firmer apple like red delicious rather than a MacIntosh or Transparent, otherwise it turns into applesauce inside pastry rather than apple pie. And the bigger the apple, the fewer you have to core and peel to get how much you need! Also, I always put in more fruit than what they say as otherwise it doesn't seem like there is enough filling. By the way, would it be too much to ask if, after you make it, you could freeze a few pieces and have them couriered up here?

    ReplyDelete