1.31.2013

Happy Birthday Dad!

My Dad celebrated a big birthday this month and we surprised him with a big party! My favorite part- besides getting to see family and friends- was going through all the old family photos. I think its no surprise to the people who know me that I like taking pictures - currently have a space issue on my computer (ugh REALLY don't want to deal with that)- and this is exactly why! Its so much fun to look back and see what people were up to at different stages of their lives. For example, looks like my Dad's love of all things bike related started at an early age:

 As did his love of reading (and general thoughtful expression):
And who doesn't like looking at the fashions- looking good Mom and Dad, looking good. Although when my brother and I were flipping through the photobook I put together and got to the picture below on a page with all pictures of my parents my brother's reaction was a horrified 'who is THAT girl?' Turns out my Mom's stylin' 70s outfit and long hair totally threw him off and he thought I put a picture of my dad with an ex-girlfriend on their page...yup because that would be a good idea eh? In case the 'competition' (I use the term loosely) for favorite child isn't already in the bag lets just let that sink in Mom...at least I know what you look like.
Not much has changed over the years- my dad is still traveling (like crazy!), hiking, biking, skiing (and if you're reading this Dad we need to go to Tahoe again soon) and is now enjoying the good old US of A- although he has a death grip on his Canadian accent, just ask him to say Jamba Juice ;-)

There have been some changes over the years- obviously the most notable being ME! I don't want to put words in his mouth and say 'best day of his life' but I mean...come on...its not even in question.


I guess my brother counts as 'second best day of his life' - he was pretty damn cute when he was little. Hows this for a throwback Thursday photo:
 All kidding aside it was fun surprising my deserving Dad with a great night and fun party. My Mom did an awesome job and I think everyone left full and happy (and with leftovers- we made enough food to feed an army). Happy birthday Dad! 
Ps. Dad please note I left out your age and failed to specify which 'big birthday' you were celebrating- you are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Such great photos Kristen, thanks for all of your work on putting together the family history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://picasaweb.google.com/109380611205107000420/ChrisLook60th?authuser=0&feat=directlink

    http://lifeinthequicklane.blogspot.com/2013/02/i-dont-know-what-ive-been-told-someone.html

    ReplyDelete